So I was talking to Jill the other night about applying for colleges and I could tell she was pretty stressed out. Who wouldn't be? I quoted Jeremiah 29:11, ("'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'") but I also half way quoted her another one... not sure of where it was in the Bible, I looked it up the next morning and sent her a message with the verse and my own interpretation of it. For some reason, I felt like y'all might like the encouragement as well.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows grace and glory;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
Psalm 84:11
I love how God can be our sun, which gives life, and our shield, which protects life. He gives us grace for our sins, yet takes it a step further and allows us to reflect his glory. He doesn't promise to give us everything we think is good, but He doesn't withhold His goodness from us. If we think something good is being withheld in our life, it's only because He has something better for us right now and we're not paying attention to it.
Also; when it says "whose walk is blameless," I don't think it's saying that God will only bless you if you are perfect or if you've got it all figured out... Remember Christ died for you, and that God sees you as a righteous and blameless person through Jesus' blood.
So today, think about all of the goodness He's bestowed on you through His love. It could be something He's done for you this week at school/work or just the fact that He sent his son to die for you and sees you as blameless, pure, and lovely through the blood of Christ. That alone is something to rejoice and delight in, isn't it?!
God bless,
Jessie
1 comment:
you are a good big sister! :) i'm so proud of you! i hope you are doing well being back at school--looks like you are enjoying roomates and life in general--good news! when are you coming to atl?
Post a Comment