Thursday had been rather uneventful, to be honest. We finished our last Watershed Girls Bible Study and I'd left a little disappointed because only one girl showed up. Walking to the church office alone, I ran into Jaymes and we started talking about one of the students in the youth group, which evolved into a discussion on not giving up on people, turning into how to balance love and justice as principles of witnessing. Leaving the office more dismayed then when I entered, I came to an abrupt halt at the end of the hall when I realized it was raining outside. *Heavy Sigh* The rain fell for about five minutes before I decided to make a run for my car. So I slipped off my shoes, opened the church doors to the awning and stood under its protection for a moment.
And then something came over me. The gentle mist, calmed me I guess, and rather than running, I began leisurely walking to my car in the pouring rain. Tossing my purse in the back seat and shutting the door, I looked up at the sky and smiled. The heat of the steamy asphalt contrasted nicely with the chilled pitter-pattering rain on my skin. The rain seemed to dance on my shoulders and my heart wanted to follow along. Instead I started singing softly, "Holy is the Lord, God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory!"
I was truly in awe of God and how He reveals Himself to us through creation on a daily basis. Just standing there, I thought of how the lilies of the field are clothed so beautifully by God's hands and how He promises to provide for and love those who seek Him. (Gotta love Matthew 6) Though my clothes became heavy with rainwater, the worry on my shoulders was lifted and inexpressible joy filled my heart. *Whimsical Sigh*
And then something came over me. The gentle mist, calmed me I guess, and rather than running, I began leisurely walking to my car in the pouring rain. Tossing my purse in the back seat and shutting the door, I looked up at the sky and smiled. The heat of the steamy asphalt contrasted nicely with the chilled pitter-pattering rain on my skin. The rain seemed to dance on my shoulders and my heart wanted to follow along. Instead I started singing softly, "Holy is the Lord, God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory!"
I was truly in awe of God and how He reveals Himself to us through creation on a daily basis. Just standing there, I thought of how the lilies of the field are clothed so beautifully by God's hands and how He promises to provide for and love those who seek Him. (Gotta love Matthew 6) Though my clothes became heavy with rainwater, the worry on my shoulders was lifted and inexpressible joy filled my heart. *Whimsical Sigh*
Yes, because of a Perfectly-placed, ordinary summer shower, Thursday turned out to be quite a remarkable day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment