Had coffee with the ASC chaplain, Louisa, Wednesday night.
And I made a few conclusions.
Sometimes, I do feel unsatisfied with life. Oftentimes I think a guy will make it better. Possibly losing weight. Making better grades?
Silly me, I think there's a more reasonable explanation for this:
No I'm not suicidal. I'm not remotely depressed. Heck, I'm not even unhappy! It's just that I realize the reason I struggle with finding satisfaction here on earth must be due to the fact that nothing measures up to the eternal treasure I have in heaven.
Louisa reminded me that though this is so true, we are called to be disciples; that we must show others the joy we have in Jesus Christ. Amen to that sister! So though I may never find perfect happiness in things of this world, I find contentment in the hope He gives on the cross. As my favorite artist in the whole world sings,
And I made a few conclusions.
Sometimes, I do feel unsatisfied with life. Oftentimes I think a guy will make it better. Possibly losing weight. Making better grades?
Silly me, I think there's a more reasonable explanation for this:
If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."Tonight I shared this with Bailey. She suggested that someone take the knives out of my kitchen...A-hahahahahahahaha!
-C.S. Lewis
No I'm not suicidal. I'm not remotely depressed. Heck, I'm not even unhappy! It's just that I realize the reason I struggle with finding satisfaction here on earth must be due to the fact that nothing measures up to the eternal treasure I have in heaven.
Louisa reminded me that though this is so true, we are called to be disciples; that we must show others the joy we have in Jesus Christ. Amen to that sister! So though I may never find perfect happiness in things of this world, I find contentment in the hope He gives on the cross. As my favorite artist in the whole world sings,
When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same,Sweet Revelation.
When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word I pray,
And I want you more than I want to live another day,
And as I wait for you, maybe I'd be more made more faithful.
-Brooke Fraser
No comments:
Post a Comment